January 26, 2010

Scottish Ancestry

Yesterday was Robbie Burns Day, which got me thinking a lot about a very special trip to Scotland I took last year.


This photo is of a Bible belongs to my Uncle Roger. He still (amazingly) lives in the house that my father grew up in, in Bonnybridge, Scotland.. It blew my mind stepping in there for the first time. It has this eerie feeling, like so many feet have ran around the house, and now it's empty all but for my Uncle Roger. Such a amazing piece of family history for me. I really love this photo because I just noticed the teddy bear peeking out from the corner. I didn't notice when I was there in the room. It's so special.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is so beautiful. I'm so glad you got to go, what an incredible journey that must have been. Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete